I have every confidence that I will never get lost using the Tsumbay Pocket Transit Compass. This is a Professional compass, and comes with it’s owned case. The strong case has a press stud to close it, and on the back a loop, so that it can go on a belt, or fanny pack. It is also small enough to go into a coat, or jacket pocket.
It has a very clear dial, and is big enough to read. The top of the inside is mirrored, and I am going to take the technical information, from the Amazon webpage:
- ‘Very High Precise – High quality and accurate compass keeps you feeling safe on any outdoor adventure!perfect for geologists, surveyors, mining engineers, civil engineers, environmental engineers and foresters.
- Know North Day Or Night – Compass glows in the dark making it easy to read in all weather at any time.
- Multifunctional- Features include a compass bubble level, clinometer level, sighting mirror with lubber line and sighting hole, induction dampened needle, and adjustable sighting points.
- Portable Design – Our reliable compass measures 80mm x 70mm making it ideal for adults & kids
- Reliable And Accurate – Waterproof and shake proof, Features 360 degree rotating bezel for easy navigation & orienteering
(1) Indicate the direction
(2) Adjsut the angle of declination
(3) Measure the azimuth angle
(4) Measure the width of target
(5) Measre the distance of target
(6)Vertical and horizontal dials
(7) The angle of declination
(8)Circle and cylinder bubble levels
(9) The conversion table of slope angle
1. Color: Black
2. Dimensions : 85*70*35mm
3. Material: ABS
4. Lightweight, only 107g, compact small and easy to carry
5. For the specific tasks required of geologists, surveyors, mining engineers, civil engineers, environmental engineers and foresters.
Package Includes: 1x compass
1x carrying case
1x English instruction
*There is a needle button on the compass, by pressing it the needle become still and you can read data accurately. Not press it when you are not reading the data.’
This explains it far better than I can. I have been checking out local points that I know, and it is extremely accurate. Next time I go away, it will be going with me, and I will look forward as to how it works in the dark, and in rain.
I did receive this item at a discounted price, and wanted to let you know what is available. Especially if you love adventures, and being outdoors.