Complications of tax credits from the U.K.

We live on hubby’s Royal Air Force pension, both of our ‘old age pensions’, and a small County one from the U.K. The U.S. and the U.K. have an agreement that taxes from one country that have already been paid, will be credited in the other.

Each year my accountant has to do this for us. It is always complicated, and a couple of times has been queried here by the I.R.S. It’s always worked out correctly, but can be very time consuming, and worrying.

Well, they have changed the forms, so after an hour, I left it with my accountant, to sort it out after hours. She had other clients waiting. Both of us know that with the amount paid, none is owed in this country, but it could take phone calls to see what is needed to be done.

Why can’t they leave the forms the same each year. I think they just like to makes things difficult, and challenging.

We do have minimal Social Security from doing a minimum of 10 years work here.

Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.